summer camp 2020
Summer camp is right around the corner! Registration is open and will continue until each week fills up. All camp info is detailed below. Feel free to email with any questions.
Due to COVID-19, we will be making some changes to summer camp 2020. At this time, we still plan on holding Kind Ninja summer camp. To help keep everyone safe, we will be taking the following steps:
1. We will be capping each week at 20 campers. We will have 2 adults and 2 junior counselors with the kids each week.
2. We will not be taking field trips to indoor locations. We still will visit the splash park daily and the local playgrounds, however we won't go to any indoor field trips such as the movies.
3. We will be mindful of checking campers for any signs of illness. Campers with fevers or cold like symptoms will not be permitted at camp. Please help us with this and keep your child at home if they aren't feeling well or someone in your house is sick.
4. We will practice hand washing and hand sanitizer throughout the day, and especially before eating.
5. We will practice distancing between friends, including no hugging, replacing high fives with "air high fives" and avoiding close contact.
6. We will take camp week by week. Payments are due the weekend before each week of camp. Please do not reserve your week of camp if you're unsure, as someone who needs the spot may not be able to get it if the camp is full. No-showing a reserved camp week could result in losing priority for other weeks of camp.
2020 SUMMER CAMP
Day Camp Option/ 9:00am-3:00pm/ $199 per week
Extended Day Option/$40 per child per week (8:30-9am and 3:00-5:30pm)
First Ward Park
First Ward Splash ground
First Ward Elementary Playground
UNCC Uptown or indoor location (confirming)
Local museums, libraries and city happenings!
*Every Friday is board breaking and belt promotion day!
8:30-9:30am Extended day drop-off
9:00-9:30am Day camper drop-off
9:00-10:00am Splash Park/Park play
10:00-11:00 Indoor games
11:15-12:15pm Lunch at 7th street station
12:15-1:15 Splash park/Park play
1:15-2:00 martial arts training
2:00-2:45 Snacks/Team games
2:45-3:00 Day camper pick-up at park
3:15-4:00 Snack/Ice Cream at 7th Street station
4:00-5:00 Free play
5:00-5:30 Pick-up at First Ward Park
WEEKS OF CAMP
Week 1 (June 8-12)
Week 2 (June 15-19)
Week 3 (July 6-10)
Week 4 (July 13-17)
Week 5 (July 27-31)
Week 6 (August 10-14)
Week 7 (August 17-21)
Week 8 (August 24-28)
Come enjoy camp with Master Alyssa Forgach (4th dan black belt in Taekwondo/ Camp Director)! Learn martial arts, play, learn leadership and teamwork skills, make new friends, play in the water and more! The Kind Ninja camp prides itself on free play, independence and fostering friendships. We also will have Prof Marlon at camp teaching his amazing Brazilian Jiujitsu moves! He is the 2019 No-Gi world champion and 2nd degree black belt under Prof Andre Galvao.
*Must turn 5 years old by June 1, 2020
-Martial arts experience is NOT required. All students and non-students welcome
-If you registered with a deposit before April 1st: Credit/debit cards will be charged on May 1st, 2020 for remaining balance.
-Camp packets with pack list, emergency contact forms and camp details will be emailed out on May 1st
CAMP FEES INCLUDE
The Kind Ninja T-shirt (1 per student per summer)(must register before June 1st)
Belt promotion (belt & board) when the student is ready
Board breaking every Friday
Popsicles every Friday
All martial art classes & activities
Camp filled up in 2019! Secure your spot today